Friday, February 27, 2009

Snow day

I cannot believe it snowed a foot here.  I had been so happy that the big piles of snow that the plows had made along our walking route were gone at last because the stroller is not the best thing for snow (I love my stroller otherwise).  I absolutely love the look of the snow here and how bright it looks with the ocean backdrop out of my living room window.  I hate the driveway in it though.  This snowfall wasn't bad because it's melted some and I didn't go out to my baby group yesterday so I only left the house to get some groceries with Jesse and Ashton.  We didn't even get stuck at the base of my driveway coming home!
Yesterday I made tea with fennel, fresh ginger, cloves and lemon.  I let it steep for a really long time because I like the flavours to be strong in my teas.  It reminded me a little of chai.  Normally I just use ginger and lemon but a friend of mine suggested fennel and when I went to make it, I thought some cloves might be nice.
On Monday night, Ashton was up 3 times in the night and all he wanted was food.  This is odd for him as he normally sleeps through the night but he's been a little more demanding lately for food.  Same thing on Tuesday night.  Wednesday he was up twice.  Last night was funny because he woke up an hour after going to bed (something to do with a laser pointer and a cat outside his bedroom...ooops) and then again as Jesse and I were going to sleep.  But then after that he slept for 8 hours so it wasn't too bad.  The first wake-up was entirely my fault.
As I write this, the snow falls again.  Lets hope this doesn't last.  Although if it does last, at least my kid looks cute in his snowsuit.

1 comment:

Grace said...

are you kidding me about the snow? Wow, Mary and I went hiking and I did notice a few flakes of snow as I was driving to Cobble Hill but the hike was great, no snow, no rain along with a bit of sunshine. Running up Cobble Hill Mountain (well, fast paced walking) is awesome exercise!
Hey, we even saw 3 mommies with their babies. Two were in baby carriers and one was toddling.