Saturday, April 11, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

When I was pregnant, I was off work 4 months early.  I was not specifically on bedrest but I wasn't supposed to do much.  I have always loved the children's book "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak.  I have some of the stuffed animals.  I decided to incorporate my favourite book in to a nursery theme.  Jesse and I went on ebay and bought a clock and a light switch cover for the nursery.  I got fabric in forest colours to match for a quilt.  I haven't finished said quilt yet but it's probably a little big anyway (I did make another quilt outside of the theme for when we go out).  When you don't have a crib mattress yet (which I got when I was pregnant but after the quilt was started), you don't really think about the fact that the mattress fits in so tightly that you cannot just hand the quilt over the edge.  Of course, it makes sense that the mattress fits in like that...but I didn't think of it.  The other day, Angela got us a WTWTA floor puzzle, which is AWESOME.  I have it displayed in the box in his room.  Jesse and I went to the market and got these cool tent hangings that make me think of the book.  Not pictured is a wooden wind chime from the same market that hangs in front of his window and kind of makes me think of a sea monster.  I took pictures of the WTWTA theme nursery:
The quilt so far (over halfway done)

Ashton's reading corner with all his "Wild Things"


No comments: